Central to everything we do is our commitment to delivering an exceptional experience to our customers; from the calls we take in our customer service centre and industry-leading technology we develop, to the add-on services we provide, like workforce management systems and employee share plan administration.
This customer-centric view of the world gives Smartgroup its competitive edge, and retaining that edge means being geared for continuous improvement. Our systems are modeled on the principles of Lean and Agile – reducing the processes that offer no value to our clients, and ensuring the flexibility to respond quickly to opportunities and challenges. The outcome is Smartgroup’s industry-leading innovation.
Finally, underpinning our entire operation is our engaged, energised and highly capable workforce. The link between the engagement of our employees and the satisfaction of our customers is unequivocal, so we continually strive for an innovative environment in which our people can excel in their work, unencumbered by bulky processes.
Not satisfied with the mere promise of excellence our customer service and employee engagement is assessed and reported by external auditors. The results of these assessments provide us with valuable insights from which we can improve and grow.
Smartgroup has been recognised with a number of awards in the areas of service excellence, employee engagement, and innovation.
- NSW State winner for Service Excellence, Customer Service Institute of Australia (CSIA) – Medium Business category: 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015
- NSW winner Customer Charter, Customer Service Institute of Australia (CSIA) – 2015
- National winner for Service Excellence, Customer Service Institute of Australia (CSIA) – Medium Business: 2012
- Aon Hewitt Best Employer – 2013, 2014
- BRW Top 50 Most Innovative Companies – 2013, 2014
- National Service Champion, Customer Service Institute of Australia (CSIA) - 2016
- National Winner, Call Centre Excellence (50 - 149 fte), AusContact - 2016
- NSW State Winner, Call Centre Excellence (50 - 149 fte), AusContact - 2016
- Winner of Viatek Innovation Award, Ballarat Business Awards - 2016
AFR 50 Most Innovative Companies - Smartgroup (#11) and Smartfleet (#30) - 2016
Smartgroup timeline: 1999-2016
From our beginning as a simple, web-based comparison tool to the award-winning, ASX listed company it is today, Smartgroup is one of Australia's leading providers of employee benefits and workforce optimisation services.